Thursday, June 08, 2006

Boston the Biking Dog


More than ten years ago I bought my first K9 Cruiser and hitched up Kody Bear to my pink Huffy bike to take him out for a run. It was a blast then, but little did I know that someday I would have the thrill of biking his grand-daughter. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to retire the Huffy and move up into something more modern. Fact was the new design of the K9 cruiser doesn't fit the old bikes. So my in-laws put my Huffy first in their garage sale and then in the free trader. They ended up selling it for $20. I was happy that someone new would be riding it; a woman who planned to put a basket on it for her little dog. I bought a shiny new 21 speed Tracker! Boston and Korbel love it. Here I am with Boston tonight headed out for a short run. As I write, Mike is out with Korbel. Of the two, Korbel certainly has the ability for speed, BUT it is Boston who wants to crank it up and go out at a dead run. Fortunately Boston is also the one who knows what "whoa" means!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home