Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More Escapees!

In the early hours of the morning Korbel woke me up to tell me she had a problem. I thought she was interested in an early morning bathroom break, but apparently she had other concerns. I let her out and turned around to find red boy walking out of the room behind her. I scooped him up and put him back in the box. I stood there counting puppies trying to make out their shapes in the early morning darkness. Hmmmm didn't look right. I turned around and found another escapee coming toward me. O.K. feller, back to the box. Then I found another one sleeping in the corner. Good grief! Korbel seemed pleased that her brood was all back under containment. The puppies were now awake and clamoring for some chow so I went to the kitchen and cooked up breakfast. Sometimes I feel like the maid.

Slowly we have been adding toys to the mix. Mostly Korbel steals them and either shreds them or just places them in her little pile by the wall. She has no interest in the particular ones I have in there now...but for the most part neither do the puppies. Once in a while one will show interest for a few seconds...but for now litter mates are MUCH more interesting to them. Life pretty much consists of sleeping and eating with a few minutes of play in between. I try to sit with them several times a day and they climb all over me and give me kisses.

The pig rail (roll bar) will come out today so that we will not have escapees. We can raise the door but then Korbel has to jump into the box. Since they are using the rail to hoist themselves over the doorway, this will buy her a few more days of easy access. Then over the weekend we will be adding the litter box and doubling their play area. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home