Sunday, June 03, 2012

Hold Your Chin Up High

CH Ruby's Firemaiden of Dreamweaver
4/27/1998 - 5/31/2012
Our little red spitfire left us on the last day of May. I sang to her, "When you walk through the storm, hold your chin up high and don't be afraid of the dark...." She snuggled against my hand and slipped peacefully away. She was my favorite Pom even though it took a while for us to get to know each other. Little Red didn't like many people, so if she did like you it was very special. In the ten years I knew her we grew very close and for the last six months we had become inseparable. Each day began with her playing on the bed while I drank my coffee. Later our day ended with me building her a wall of pillows on the bed so she could romp around and plow her face into the covers. When she was done she would wash her face like a cat. After she fell asleep, either Mike or I would carry her out to her little bed in the bathroom where she would sleep until morning. She was very demanding, barking sharply at me when she wanted to be picked up. She took great joy in life and was fun to be with. I will remember her forever. Rest in peace my sweet
Little Red.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home