Sunday, June 18, 2006

TC

I think I have been to the Traverse City dog show now at least a dozen times over the years. It is such a beautiful location that I go as much for the scenery as the show. This year they added a rally trial on Friday. So since that started at 2:00 p.m. I headed up Friday morning with my rally dogs (Alaska and Boston) and Mike came up after work pulling the camper with the rest of the dogs. Rally was a blast!! Both dogs turned in very nice performances...a 96 for Boston in Advanced B and a 98 for Alaska in Novice B! Since I am always the fastest one on my time score, I had a pretty good idea that Alaska had placed and it was a thrill to get 4th with him! He is such a little dynamo and he just runs his little heart out on the course! Every time we run rally people come up to us afterwards to say how much fun he is! I walk really fast and he runs beside me, but still manages to hit all of his sits! Anyway it was a new title for him. Yeah! Boston wasn't as sharp with her sits and fronts, but it still was a very nice performance and we had many compliments. She ended up in 5th place, so no fancy rosette, but she did get the 2nd leg of her advanced title. (three legs per title)

Mike got there about midnight and it was 2:00 a.m. before we got our camp set up. Then Mike decided we needed some fans and went to Meijers. It was 4:00 a.m. by the time we got to bed!!! We didn't show on Saturday but did visit with some friends from Petoskey, cheered on our friend Melaney as she got her second point on her Cocker Dreamer and just hung out. I got home last night and Mike shows this morning and will come back later today. The house is very quiet with just three dogs, but I need that to get some school work done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home