Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mount Rainier






















On Friday, we drove down to Tacoma and met our dear friends Sandra and Paul for lunch. They had ridden the Harley up from Portland the day before. After lunch we all headed out for Mt. Rainier National Park. We drove up the park and stopped at the National Inn at Longmire and then later made our way up to Paradise which is at 6,000 feet. My last visit to Rainier was in 1996 and I had Kody Bear with me and I had always wanted to return. This time I made the trip with my husband, in-laws and dog family. (Paul and Sandra's daughter owns Kody Bear's son Kodiak) I wanted to make it all the way to Paradise on this trip and I was glad I did! The view was breathtaking. After we made our way down the mountain it was time for dinner and a chance to soak in the precious time with close friends. We found the Hobo Inn open and enjoyed a delicious dinner. Later Sandra and Paul spent the night in a train car. It was car #3, the day was August 3 and they were celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary that night! It was heard to say goodbye, but we needed to get back to Seattle so we could board our ship the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home