Sunday, April 26, 2009

Remembering Alison


I remember her very first cry. My sister Alison was born at home. My younger sister and brother Deb and Dave were off visiting relatives, but Andrew and I were allowed to stay in the house while my mother gave birth. We were alone together in his room which was across the hall from my parent's room. I remember her cry like it was yesterday. "She's here!" I said to Andrew. A few minutes later my step-father came in to tell us that Alison Edminster had been born and we had a new sister.

Growing up we spent our summers in Maine along the Atlantic Coast. One of our favorite places in the world was Reid State Park. Here we are on a beautiful summer day, lined up in front of the lagoon. Left to right...Andrew, Me, David, Deborah, my cousin Cindy, cousin Robbie, and little Alison...always the independent one who wouldn't stand in line. This is how I will remember my dear sister. The bright young child who loved music, cats, reading, chocolate and who never stood still in line for the picture. Be at peace Alison, you are greatly loved.

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2009 2:05 PM, Anonymous David said...

Thanks for your posting and thoughts. Well put.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home