Monday, April 27, 2009

At Last

After eight long years I finally successfully defended my dissertation and completed my PhD! I have minor edits to complete and then I can turn my final copy in to the graduate school once they are approved. Meantime, I will be hooded at graduation on Friday, May 8, 2009 at the Breslin Center at MSU. What a sense of relief to finally have it behind me.

A special thank you to my committee of Eddie Moore, Punya Mishra, Luke Reese and Patrick Dickson as well as to my former advisor Dave Krueger and to the CARRS graduate school secretary Diane Davis. You all helped to make it a truly enjoyable experience.

2 Comments:

At April 28, 2009 7:25 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Congratulations on completing your PhD! And my deepest sympathies on the loss of your sister.

 
At May 07, 2009 8:35 AM, Anonymous Chris and Bill said...

How excited the Wells household must be now that you have your PhD! Congratulations on a HUGH accomplishment and blessings for your next step.

How interesting that GOD balances out the low times of our life, like the passing of your sister, with the high points, such as your accomplishment.

May your fond memories of your sister be ever present and your grief be short lived.

Wish we could come to your graduation. Please post a picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home